View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Royal Wedding

I was in London for Andrew and Fergi's wedding in the late 80's. I remember how hectic it was, couldn't get around except by tube (subway).

I admit, it's a lot of coverage all week long on every channel, BUT I'd rather watch this than Charlie Sheen, or that Lohan mess, or war stuff.

I am not an angliphhile (I think it's spelled that way, someone who is a HUGE fan of british royalty) but I like the royal stuff. I cold almost say I am a distant distant distant royal - in Norway. I am like 8th cousins to the royal family of Norway. my grandfather was born in Norway and somehow back in my family line we are related to them. I asked my grandmother years ago and she said IF we lived in Norway, I was like 73rd in line for the throne, AND there was a slight chance if we lived there, I would have an HRH title. Not worth the weather for me, LOL.

Anyway, anyone else at all interested in this wedding? I have friends who are British (VERY) and are having a party for the wedding, we are invited to attend from 12 midnight for us to 5am, IF I go, I will just sleep from like 4pm to 11pm. It might be fun, she is having it catered by the local english restaurant. It will all depend on how I feel that day.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-25-2011), Dejibo (04-25-2011), Lady (04-25-2011), SallyC (04-25-2011)