Thread: just a vent...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The doctor told me at the outset that I was the worst case of CRPS that they'd undertaken to treat and that with my other ongoing medical issues, it might not work.

But then... the next two times I saw him, the man was absolutely revitalized and actually used the M-word over and over -- it was "miracle" this and "miraculous" that!

The nursing supervisor that oversees the ketamine treatments, though, was dubious from the beginning, saying that they had not had much success treating people who had more than 1-2 limbs involved. Both arms and both legs are severely impacted in my case -- as well as my face (who knew *that* was going to happen!).

They are not jerking me around on purpose, but that's what it amounts to... in order to keep hope alive, they rely on stories where the results were almost curative... and then to temper hope with reality, they wax poetic about how awful my case is. It's funny, I suppose, or will be, one day.

Each infusion has been at a higher dose. Next Monday, I believe the dose will be at 180 mg (infused in 1.5 tp 2 hours). They are fond of saying that everyone has "their dose" -- so maybe that will be "my dose"!

Thanks for writing... it does help to speak with people who know what I am talking about. More and more, I find that, in my everyday life, even with doctors, I have less and less to say. I mean, let's face it -- if a person with CRPS *really* tries to explain the disease? We sound like maniacs!

"Well, Doctor, you know that feeling when your skin has been set on fire with some accelerant like kerosene and then someone is removing it strip by strip with a pair of sharp tweezers? What? Oh, you don't!" It's a riot!

Be well,
Prof
Prof de Rien is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote