Thread: just a vent...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsykk View Post
I would have 2 suggestions.
One, make sure you are not on pain meds when undergoing ketamine treatments as they can interfere with the glia that you are trying to shut down.
Two, I would say that 2 hr infusions just might not be enough. Inpatient therapy would involve 5 straight days of ketamine and from my research that is where most people have success.

My daughter had many out patient without success. One inpatient with no success and then one inpatient with NO pain meds with total success.

Ask your doctor to consider talking to Schwartzman, Getson or Kirkpatrick for inpatient infusion rates.
my doctor contends that the protocol in use at his hospital is having better results than those of the Big 3.

like i said to someone else above, i am not here to argue the merits of protocols, as i am limited -- for reasons not really pertinent to the discussion -- to *this* protocol.

it's great that some have the resources to have treatment after treatment in the absence of positive results. still, even if i had unlimited resources, i doubt that i would continue down a path without benefit of some sort of proof that the path was beneficial to me.

it is not a lack of faith, hope, persistence, or any other positive attribute that some people seem to want to impune -- it's the rockbed of pragmatism that is driving my decisions!

well, that, and the excellent medical team that i have -- i am trying ketamine infusions against their advice. they are being supportive now that my decision is made and being acted upon -- but never wanted me to go this route.

i was told to wait, wait, wait -- until i had some resolution of the osteomyelitis we cannot seem to conquer, mostly. my crps has not really had much of a chance to improve these last 4-5 years, as i have had to have 11 major orthopedic surgeries due to avascular necrosis and then ensuing infections. at present, the organism plaguing my bones refuses to grow in the laboratory... and i have had over 42 weeks of i.v. antibiotic therapy. now i am on almost nonstop oral abx. and still, my last wbc was 16,000, my sed rate over 100 and my CRP was obscene. but i couldn't put off treating the pain in my arms and legs any longer.

i am very happy for your daughter and hope she continues to improve!
prof
Prof de Rien is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote