View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrs D
I can't say that the Toprol is working for me then. Still have hot painful feet and I've been on it for about 8 wks. The last ten days has not been very pleasant. Just got the book on magnesium and am anxious to start reading. Also just started Epsom Salts today and am hoping it helps even a little.

Something (new) that I will NOT to do again. Last night because of low back pain I used my heating pad for a short time and it sent a heat "wave" directly to my feet. Quite painful most of the night. Now I can't even use my heating pad!

Today I had yet another MRI which lasted about 1-1/2 hrs. The vibration was more than my nerves could handle and I was in horrible pain by the time I got out. This had not happened before......I seem to be learning everything by trial and error.

mrsD, (question from a different thread) I took your advice and started taking Lysine for my Herpes to try and get myself off the Acyclovir, what dosage would you recommend? Not only am I now wondering if the Acyclovir could be contributing to my PN but now I am also wondering if a hip replacement done 8 years ago could be the culprit. Is it possible I am allergic to the metals? I have lots of new thoughts to take back to the doctor. All my symptoms began AFTER the hip replacement.

This is like looking for a needle in a haystack for sure! I know the doctors all tell me that we may never know the cause of my condition but I will never give up looking.

Thank again for sharing your thoughts with me, I really appreciate having someone that understands what I am going through. I simply can't explain my pain or frustration to someone who hasn't been there because they just do not get it.
norahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote