View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear your boyfriend is experiencing the discomforts that you have described.
It does sound like it is possible that he is experiencing symptoms of CRPS. There are tools that Sr's use to assist in diagnosing CRPS and a few of those tests include bone scans (bone loss happens in alot of cases), sympathetic nerve blocks, sweat test, oxygen levels in affected areas, blood flow imaging (usually in CRPS blood flow in the affected areas is decreased).
It is important that the Dr's rule out other possibilities as you want the correct treatment for whatever is fueling his symptoms.
As for additional info relating to the other questions you had I can do my best to help by sharing my experience with CRPS. My case started with a simple injection but during the administration of the injection the needle damaged a nerve (sciatic) in my right leg. The pain on the right side started in the buttocks and hip area and over a year it progressivly worsened and spread throughout the entire right limb. During year two my left side began showing the same symptoms and within the end of the second year the disease spread through the entire left limb from hip to toes. I did not have color changes, tempature changes, hair growth and nail changes until having this disease for 1.5 years. The muscle spasms are constant.
If your boyfriend does have CRPS treatment timing is extremely important as the odds of remission decrease dramatically after 6 months to 1 year.
Please let the group know if you have any questions as I know myself and the others are willing to share our knowledge relating to CRPS.
I hope you and your boyfriend find some answers as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Sarah

Last edited by Swatgen27; 04-26-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Typo
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote