View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatgen27 View Post
First of all, thank you for coming to this forum for help as the group of people on this forum have a wealth of information (more than 90% of the Dr's I have seen) and are always quick to provide any assistance they can.
I have had CRPS for 4 years and I have never experienced the random passing out that you have described. With that said, I agree that it could be a medication issue. While it is possible that he is taking too much of his medicine, it is also possible that his medication is causing his blood pressure to drop to low levels which may explain the random passing out. CRPS does mess with a persons blood pressure and I monitor my on a regular basis (as mine reaches incredibly high levels) but I have heard of the opposite happening. Also, I have heard one medication that causes simular passing out issues and that medicine is in the neurontin family. I would definitly address your concerns with your brother ASAP as each fall can potentially cause additional issues with his CRPS. Eitherway it does sound serious. Thank you again for visiting the forum and please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have as this disease is not easy to understand since it is rare and has only had what I consider minimal amounts of scientific research.
Sarah
Thank you so much for responding. I am a nurse and firmly believe in adequate pain control, but my brother was an addict before his dx and i feel that he is going beyond the point of just attempting to control his pain. I have addressed my concerns and yes he does get defensive, i will check into the bp issue, but he never c/o lightheadedness or dizziness upon standing or changing position. I have suggested that he see a psychiatrist for the depression, and the possibility of certain other meds helping with his pain,but he won't hear of it, just says all antidepressants,sleeping meds, and the epileptic meds make him sick. he is on lamictal (the only one he will take) neurontin, oxycodone,oxyycontin, and xanax just to start.
He sees a general practitioner that is very well educated, but i am in the process of finding a neurologist that is well educated in rsds in the nashville area, he has never had an official diagnosis,but the symptoms definately fit.
brlove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote