View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the replies

My posture is poor! I worked in a job for a number of years that either had me hunched over a desk or using a manual knitting machine which is set up to create a bad back, I'm sure of it.

Add to that I was misdiagnosed with ME/CFS for a long time, lots of lying/sitting around and I bascially have no core strength and my shoulders roll forward, my right one more than my left - I can actually see it in my field of vision which you shouldn't be able to do.

I've been doing exercises for about 2.5 years through an osteopath, chiropractor and muscular masseuse to help sort out this problem but it seems no matter how hard I try the muscles want to pull forward.

Weirdly when I tried strong blood thinners, recommended by a doctor I was seeing, the muscles relaxed totally for the first time in years and better posture came much more naturally to me. It kinda feels like the problem (whatever it turns out to be!) has me in a vicious cycle.

I've had MRIs looking at my brain and spinal cord but I *think* looking at them they are not detailed enough to show the C7 area in detail from the front. The side views are certainly too confusing for me to tell if there's any problems. I have a basic understanding of anatomy through having to research all this but I think I would need something much more focused on the area.

Been working my way through some stickies (and yes, I am hypermobile too!) but trying to find any articles on cognitive function and/or jugular veins.

I mean, can C7 compress the internal jugulars?
CindyCB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote