View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 04:28 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Linda H and I read this one in pipeline email while sittiing in the NIH clinic for all day screeening to get in their database. They do it right and are very generous. They pay for everything. plus a carer to go with you.Ground transportation, airfare, hotel. I've put it off for years but now I am finally interested in a few upcoming trials of GDNF One is pump infused and [with thoughts of Kurzweil] a programmable device. this is the same as soccertese post...different source.

http://www.wgnradio.com/business/bre...tory?track=rss

The NIH is funding a gene therapy GDNF trial, that may begin in the fall. They are dealing with new equipment; and are at least a year behind.

How does one get a year behind? anyway these things are hopeful and bittersweet to be sitting here reading this article about reviving GDNF.One lady had just been diagnosed two months ago. and was still in denial and shock.

This lady had no idea who she bumped into to ask a few questions in the NIH waiting room. SHe is in denver so i would like to put her in touch with carey and valerie and she is all set. This morning she was quiet and nervous but we had a few thousand experiences to choose from and she is joining us for dinner. wonder how long it would have taken her to discover that we are a global communityl

Serendipity? quite a busy day for the fate fairy.

We can't keep looking back, but Amgen could have granted compassionate use. They would have seven years of data on those participants.

pump infused -wow - programmable .

The Kinetics Foundation [Andy Grove}? is funding a study with a machine t that you have to tap - to measure it against computer tapping- could be measured for certain end points at home from our computer- Software writers unite !

So they didn't give up Some people really do still believe in GDNF. linda and i sit here thinking about 7 years of our lives gone. Time is not neutral.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (04-26-2011), girija (04-26-2011), imark3000 (04-27-2011), jingle belle (04-28-2011), lindylanka (04-27-2011), olsen (04-27-2011)