View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Army Vet,

As others have said, a NeuroPsych is to quantify your level of symptoms. It is VERY important that any NeuroPsych who sees you be knowlwdgeable in mTBI. Many are biased against organic causation and will diagnose psychological or psychiatric causation. This can be the kiss of death to a Workers comp claim and then follow you for years. As Jo*Mar said, she learned After the Fact about NeuroPsychologists.

Go to the links I recommended earlier. www.tbilaw.com
and www.subtlebraininjury.com

You need a competent mTBI Work Comp attorney BEFORE your are seen by a NeuroPsych for an assessment.

Here is a link to a Virginia attorney who may be helpful. His web site shows that he understands mTBI and Work Comp. http://www.brain-injury-law-center.com/contact-us.html
This statement from his web site tells the truth <Because insurance companies must be suspect of every WC claim, you may find it difficult to secure compensation for your injuries, despite having a valid claim. Even if your physician documents your disability, the IME doctor may offer a differing opinion. If you are denied treatment or disability payments from your WC insurer, you should talk to an experienced attorney that knows both the complexity of TBI and the WC system.>

I want to scare some attention into you. A biased NeuroPsych killed my chances at a Work Comp settlement. That bias likely cost me $10,000 to $15,000 a year for the next 20 years and the past 10 years. Now, I have to survive on $1284 per month rather than almost $3000 per month.

Please, find a good WC attorney.
And, bring your wife and daughter into this information loop. You need their assistance.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-26-2011)