Thread: The Nook
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have the Kindle (well, two of them. 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen, gave the 1st Gen to my sister)

I love my Kindle. I've looked at the Nook and have thought about getting one too, but I've also looked at the Galaxy Tab and the iPad. I think the Galaxy Tab or the iPad would be better than the Nook (do more stuff with both) and if you dont mind not having 3g capability, the Tab and the iPad both have WiFi only versions. (no 3g service contracts to pay for!) I'm still trying to find a review of the Wifi Tab, they just came out this month.

The Tab and the iPad tho, are expensive. I think the Wifi Tab is supposed to be $350 or thereabouts, and the iPad is about $500 for the basic one.

If all you want is something to read books on, the Kindle and the basic Nook (not color) are great. If you want to be able to do more, the Galaxy Tab or the iPad are probably good choices.

The Nook Color is now the cheapest android tablet ($250) and after I looked into a bit more, they're allowing Flash on it. Flash is the program that allows you to watch videos. (Apple wont allow it on the iPad yet) The price alone for the Nook makes it attractive and now that it's being turned into an android tablet and not just an ereader, it's sounding good to me

My birthday is in less than a month. I've been thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab or an iPad, but might go with a Nook Color now that I was inspired by this thread to go researching the Nook Color. I need to go find a B&N to visit to look at a Nook, and then find somewhere that has the Tab so I can compare. (I've seen the iPad. Want one, but dont want to/cant really afford to spend the $$)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote