Thread: Agent Orange
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 07:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Agent orange

Hi BUZZZ - -

I know that your thread is a couple years old now, but hope that you see this. I was service connected for AO for chloracne nearly 20 years ago through the persistent efforts of the veterans service officer that I had at the time (now deceased) who was very good at making the VA system work for the veterans he represented. My disibility rating at the time was minimal, but at least I was "in the books."

In 2006 I was diagnosed with PD, and in the initial consultation with my neurologist at UTSW in Dallas, I asked if there waas any known relation between PD and AO. He replied "No', or at least "not yet."

Last spring (2010) I applied for service connection due to the VAs presumptive relationshio between AO and PD. It took nine months, but I am now service connected for PD (40%) with back disibility pay to the date of filing.

While the VA system is far from perfect, I've always been a firm believer that it CAN work for veterans IF we can figure the system out. And that's where a good veterans service officer comes in. If anyone's having problems with the VA and your VSO hasn't been able to help, find a new one who can.

Brad
Brad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote