Thread: Working Online
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: money

Hi, and I am sorry all of us are in this fix. No we reallly should not work at all or they will take the benefits away. I don't want to do anything to risk that. However, I am loosing my home. I need more than I recieve to pay for my bills. This puts you in the position of going into public housing. I do one thing I do not think I can get in trouble for. About once a month I have a garage sale, encluding art work that I gave to my neighbor. I gave to her my things and she makes a little money. Money never touches my hands, nor do I recieve it. I needed brakes on my car or I could not drive, and insurance. For months she saved for me and then took my car in herself. How else can you do these things and keep the ability to get to your appts? If this is illegal in any way I would not do it. My para legal, who went to court with me said this was an OK thing to do. Is my son not allowed to pay for my haircut? All kinds of issues crop up for all of us, and there is a true struggle to survive on a daily basis. Most of us are just trying to survive this way. I want to know why our gov. makes this dissability into a punishment where you are not allowed to better yourself. That seems so un-american to me. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shari_W (04-27-2011)