View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default recovery update

MY LEFT HIP HURTS LIKE HELL !!!!! which as u guys following my story already know , never hurt to begin with .
a sneeze , laugh , or cough will still kill me if i dont bend at the waist .
last week i had just layed down , BARELY MOVED to reposition , and i thought my hip broke ......new worst pain i've ever felt . i scared my wife because i screamed as loud as possible (while trying not to ). i'm surprised the neighbors didnt call the police ! my hip is now getting worse . i quit taking pain meds cause they dont work on my body (docs never believe me ).
after working on my wifes car (at the speed of a sloth ) , i epsom salt soaked 3hrs . i knew i was gonna b paying for those repairs somehow . i did . i saved $300.00 which is great since our money has run out due to my lack of working . EVERY muscle in my body hurt like a torn muscle . it took 8 days to recover . that next morning i had to b helped outa bed . and when i tried to rush to the bathroom , i literrally had to drag my left leg . all these months prior to surgery i had been less & less active . compounded by recovery vegetation , i guess my body was almost atrophied .
so , i suggest that you do isometric workouts . i also suggest not replacing a wheel bearing hub which was a real bi#@! to do in the 1st place .
i need to go see my doc due to the hip and something new i've noticed . theres a large area of my skin around the left hip that looks mottled red , almost likened to stria . i can still walk pretty well . 1/8 mile or more a day without much pain . the doc wants me to get rid of the walker and just carry my cane loosely for emergency only . screw that ! when i do laps in the driveway...i have the walker . in the house i use the cane . i can always catch myself w/a wall or furniture---lol .
sad to say that all of this is taking a mental toll on me . i'm useless in my eyes . still need help putting my socks on half the time . and the pain is winning . i took (in a 1 hr period ) 3valium ,4 oxycod. ,800mg ibuprofen , 2 vicodin .....didnt help . my wife couldnt believe i was even awake . not only awake but soaking with my music , wine , and epsom salt . i have quit meds all together now since they dont work . not to mention i'm guessing i can still o.d. even if i'm not feeling effects . how can my body possibly b that resistant . hell , i always have to let any anesthesiologist know of my history of waking up during procedures . anyway one good thing is that all the tub soaking i do ...my 4 yr old comes n and we throw a beach ball around the bathroom .
i really miss mowing the lawn ....soon i'm hoping to get out there . i own a high end finish construction co. it's so specialized , i usually work alone . i may have to find something else to do . btw , if u wanna see what i do , go to youtube.com search "sheridan finish work " or user name "SHERM8TOR"
HOPE THE REST OF U ARE HEALING WELL , damn-do we have to do group hugs ? LOL
bak2bak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-23-2011)