View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

She had a full neuropsych eval and all processing, memory, executive functioning, language, etc came back average to above average. What did show as a problem was social problems, anxiety, and somatic issues. When she leaves school she tells me she doesn't know what is wrong and describes it as a fight or flight feeling. I know she has self esteem issues and worries about what classmates think. She also runs if she gets even the slightest bit frustrated. She doesn't do well being told what to do by anyone but me. She will start CBT soon but has not had any education outside of public schools. The school just states that she is extremely intelligent and they don't seem to understand the emotional and psychiatric side of frontal lobe injuries. The school tour she was supposed to go on today will have a low teacher student ratio with onsite mental health but she got "sick" again today and wouldn't go. She is 18 so that brings in its own problems. At times she is appropriate for her age but oftentimes I do see a 14 year old in an 18 year old body and worry that she will always be stuck there. She refuses to go to a support group. She hasn't had any hormone level testing done but has double vision with prism glasses, has had GI studiies for the nausea issue, and vestibular testing done for dizziness. Vestib and GI was normal.

Thank you, Sage
Exhausted_Sage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-27-2011)