View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Brlove

Welcome...Im glad you are a nurse, you can help him a great deal with your compassion and understanding of how much pain he is in.

where is his RSD in his body? I have abdominal RSD caused by surgeries i had. i am bedridden. i often pass out siting up in bed. drives my hubby crazy. i dont abuse meds but i get so tired and i dont sleep well. anyway i found out that neurotin makes me SO sleepy so i only take it at night now and that has helped my passing out episodes. I cant be left alone, i can still walk to the bathroom but afraid if i lose my balance and am left alone, i cant get back up. So is there any way to get family members to take shifts being with him? Im afraid to be alone, is he afraid too?
i understand you being worried that he was an addict before rsd...you cant hold that against him., because the pain is so real and burning and horrible that it takes courage to want to stay alive. Not just chronic pain but horrible
debilitating, why am i living pain??? I keep pressing on because i have awesome twin girls that are 19 and need me to guide them through their life experience. I am still needed by them, My hubby is 58 and loves taking care of me. he needs someone to love him and we have been together 29 years..so i have to stay here for him.

you need to give your brother reasons to want to be alive. reasons to get his meds under control. im sorry i have rambled...i was trying to say something useful and i think i got off track. well just let him know how much you love im and need him here!
Blessings
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlove View Post
Thank you so much for responding. I am a nurse and firmly believe in adequate pain control, but my brother was an addict before his dx and i feel that he is going beyond the point of just attempting to control his pain. I have addressed my concerns and yes he does get defensive, i will check into the bp issue, but he never c/o lightheadedness or dizziness upon standing or changing position. I have suggested that he see a psychiatrist for the depression, and the possibility of certain other meds helping with his pain,but he won't hear of it, just says all antidepressants,sleeping meds, and the epileptic meds make him sick. he is on lamictal (the only one he will take) neurontin, oxycodone,oxyycontin, and xanax just to start.
He sees a general practitioner that is very well educated, but i am in the process of finding a neurologist that is well educated in rsds in the nashville area, he has never had an official diagnosis,but the symptoms definately fit.