Thread: Working Online
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedAsylum View Post
I'm too tricky to lose my SSD unwittingly like a lot of unfortunate people do, I don't know how plain I can say it.

Back on topic, I think its unfortunate if it's true that you can't supplement your SSD at all without raising the eyebrows of SSA.. Then what is the point of the SGA of 1000$?.. for many disabled people SSD barely gets them by, and just sitting at the computer earning a little supplemental income should not automatically mean someone can work in the workplace. I think I will contact an SSD lawyer about this as well
You are exactly right "just sitting at the computer earning a little supplemental income should not automatically mean someone can work in the workplace.". However, I would think if you repeatedly make $900 each month (with your trickery to not go over), you will likely prompt a review and say you could use those skills you've displayed in support of yourself...and it's doesn't have to be in a workplace. It could be at home also (there are many home based companies). They don't care where you work, just whether you CAN. And you will show them you CAN with your idea/plan.

Asking a lawyer would be a good idea. Maybe you can post his/her reply here so we all can learn from what is said.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote