Thread: Denver updates
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Denver updates

I forgot to tell you...

My PT had a little fundraiser for me; he has a sailboat in Boston Harbor that he does private charters on. A few months back he decided to hold a raffle for a cruise on it -- proceeds going to me for my Denver fund! He drew the ticket on March 1 (they said the waiting room was full of people waiting just for the raffle!) - and they told me the amount they were giving to me...$600!

I am so humbled by this. My mom is going to help me type out a nice letter while we are in Denver explaining that that money helped my family be with me, helped pay for the car, the housing, the hospital and PT/doctors copayments, meals, gas...it's endless! We figured we will try to take a nice picture of the Denver skyline or the mountains and mount it with the letter for him to put in his office. I just still can't believe someone did this for me!

I will teach her how to check into the forums and update you all because I know my old buddies will be wondering. I will also have my (new) email working with me - PM me for it. I will have the laptop handy! We are just not sure of the internet connection where I am staying so we may be a little hit and miss

Boy the excitement begins! Last week of work starts tomorrow! It's such a RELIEF to know that RELIEF is coming!

Talk to you all very soon!

Jen
Jensrib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote