View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What a wonderful week on the farm. We had a new neighbor move in that is very nice.
He came with a Kabota and tilled up the rest of my garden. I'd been working so hard and not getting very far making raised beds and planting favas. Buttercups were taking over the rest of the garden...I had to get the beans planted (already very late to put them in)
It made the soil like potting soil, absolutely wonderful! Said he'll do it anytime, WOW.
Today I found out thru a friend that a place in Kingsport, TN called The Exchange Place
is having a Spring Garden Festival and the first speaker is a naturopath doctor who is speaking on plants & tinctures! If the creek don't rise..Aunt Bean will be there!!!
I have collected enough tops now from my 50' raised bed to make 2 months of tincture for myself and the plants are now producing a beautiful crop of fava beans. The had gotten aphids and I tried spraying parsley tea on them (read about it somewhere)....
IT WORKED...no more aphids and I am overjoyed to say the least. Aphids have done alot of damage to last years bean crop..perhaps the parsley will keep them safe this year.
Blessings .............Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote