View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Frown

Yes, he'll find another mate. He is younger than the female was.

Her previous mate was struck by an airplane too, and the place nearby where their nest was the tree was cut down, so they would move farther away from the planes.

She moved to the Norfolk gardens, and chose a new younger male.

No one knows at this time if he will return there with a new female, or move to a new nesting area entirely.

This was such a rare, wonderful,intimate experience watching them raise those chicks, and behave in noble positive ways.

I am still very stricken about this ... it is just not fair. But I did notice the female seemed slower and her feathers more unkempt this season. I thought to myself, it was amazing she did 3 eggs. Maybe the weather and extra cold took a toll on them too. Maybe this slowed her down just enough to not avoid the landing gear as it came down.

Whatever the reason, it is very sad. And you are correct that the rehab place is very good. That is the only "good" part of this.

It is possible we will never have this opportunity again, to watch these noble intelligent birds go about their lives, in the same way.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (05-01-2011), en bloc (04-28-2011)