View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe I can help you find a doctor in Nashville area

Quote:
Originally Posted by brlove View Post
Thank you so much for responding. I am a nurse and firmly believe in adequate pain control, but my brother was an addict before his dx and i feel that he is going beyond the point of just attempting to control his pain. I have addressed my concerns and yes he does get defensive, i will check into the bp issue, but he never c/o lightheadedness or dizziness upon standing or changing position. I have suggested that he see a psychiatrist for the depression, and the possibility of certain other meds helping with his pain,but he won't hear of it, just says all antidepressants,sleeping meds, and the epileptic meds make him sick. he is on lamictal (the only one he will take) neurontin, oxycodone,oxyycontin, and xanax just to start.
He sees a general practitioner that is very well educated, but i am in the process of finding a neurologist that is well educated in rsds in the nashville area, he has never had an official diagnosis,but the symptoms definately fit.
If you are looking for a well educated doctor in the Nashville area there is one at Hermitage at Summit Hospital the name of the practice is The Center For Spine Joint and Neuromuscular Rehabilitation. The doctors name is Benjaman Johnson he is super doctor and great person he's helped me so much with my rsd. Hope this helps you
vandyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote