View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sarah,
Sorry to hear about your brother. You are an angel for getting involved and helping him before something real bad happens (as you are a nurse and I am sure have seen it all). I think the combination of oxycodone, oxyycontin, and xanax just to start...is a bad one. Plus, neurontin. Both oxy's together really scares me. I had a hospital overdose me a few years ago...and send me home. Don't remember 4 days. Thankfully, my son recognized something was not right and carried me back to the ER where they re-admitted me (again). I was thinking maybe you could go with him for his next doctor appt and see what is said there. And you might have to talk to his doctor without him there. He may be taking other meds you don't know about and all together is too much for his body. You are a great sister for being involved and caring about him. I am also worried about him going asleep and hurting himself or others. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
kathy d
P.S. I just thought to ask you maybe he has two or so doctors and each one doesn't know what the other one is prescribing. Something to look in to. Together all the meds may be reacting with the other. I know from myself in the past that sometimes the pain is so bad you almost wish you could just go to sleep and the pain would stop. It is the nightmare that never ends. best of luck.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote