View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
I read that one of the 5 top cause of neuropathy is alcohol abuse. I drank alcoholic for 8 years and quit @ 31years of age. 5 years I started having severe feet pain, 4 years later I went to neuro and she told me it was small fiber neuropathy. After I quit @ 31 years old I went to Alcoholic Anonymous and still a member in good standing with 20 years soberity and I met so many people but never met anyone with small fiber neuropathy. Sometimes I really feel very guilty due to it may be the cause and this was put on by my sins. Can anyone relate and help me through this guilt.
You shouldn't feel guilty, never heard of alcoholic neuropathy myself until i got it , neither did you? It was bizarre 30 years of drinking and my liver perfect, inc readable but true. But they labelled me with it although could be anything as mrs D says. just easy to say oh you drank that much? you have alcoholic P/N. Im positive it was from a chronic virus and 5 days of the deadly end of high fever. they pumped a lot of antibiotics into me and 1 month later numb soles.
early days I controlled the pain with alcohol and still the best pain killer but doesnt help long term.
Unless one has diabetes a diagnosis is like throwing darts.
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote