View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in Ohio View Post
Hi Karen, I was also injured at work and lost my career. I have had over 8 years to think this over and during that time I have gotten my college degree. I have decided that this was God's way of leading me down a different road than the one that I had planned on. Blessings and peace to you, my friend.
I think its wonderful that you are able to look at your injury that way. I hope to be able to one day as well. It is hard right now though as because I am just 7 months in...I don't know if I will return to work one day or not. But I have thought about the fact if I can not return to work...what could I do instead.

I know my current skills I would not be able to do any more. I work with special needs children and also am fluent in American Sign Language, but because it is my right arm that has RSD....well, ASL will not be an option for me. Which does sadden me as I took so many years of courses to learn it.

But you are right, I am sure if it does come down to me not returning to my job I will find something else that interests me.

Take care,
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote