View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
So sorry Karen.

My work injury was also to my right extremity. It sucks to lose your arm. You don't realize how much you use it until you can't.

I used to talk to someone (Sandra, I believe) on this Board from Canada that was able to obtain Lidocaine subcutaneous infusions for her RSD. They helped her enormously. She actually sent me the information on how the infusions were administered by her doctors via e-mail. I had 8 regular infusions of 300 mg each before I started ketamine, and they helped me too. I am almost positive that she is one of the administrators of the site on FB called RSD Research and Developments.

I am truly grateful that I still have my feet. I walk on them constantly. And I have a little dog that I take with me. Now that the weather is starting to get better can you schedule someone to watch your 2 year old everday so that you can get out and take in some fresh air? Unless there is a hellacious downpour, we walk religiously every day with our walking buddies. Exercise is truly good for not just the body but the soul - the endorphins will make you feel better. And a pet is great therapy as well.

I truly can appreciate where you are coming from, hang in there, Sandy
Hi Sandy,

I am lucky to still have my daughter in daycare at the moment. I think its important for her to get out and play with her little friends. Mom is not always the most fun to be around and I am so limited on what I can do with her. At least I know at daycare she is having fun and is well taken care of.

I have been trying to get out everyday for a little walk. If the weather is yucky My mom drives me to the mall so I can at least walk a little inside for a bit. I usually have 1-2 hours in the morning before the pain gets so bad i can't do anything.

I was working 2 hours a day up until a month ago. But because of the increase in pain and all the new medications I have been on the last little while, my doctor felt it was best I gave up the 2 hours for now. Also the fact I cant even wear a bra and some days a shirt...makes it hard to go into work. I do hope though the doctor will let me go back in the near future, if only for a few hours... I think its so important for me to have a reason to get up in the morning, get dressed and do my hair etc. I miss interacting with my coworkers as well and I miss seeing all the kids.

Unfortunately, the only pet we have in our home is a geko. Don't think they like going for walks much. lol But my husband has been walking with me on nice nights after dinner. He pushes our little one on the bike. Last night I was only able to go a block and a half...but at least i still got out!

Take care,
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote