View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Loss of intelligence

I guess it must seem strange, despite all the problems that come with postconcussion syndrome, loss of intelligence (as measured by IQ tests) does not seem to be a big issue.

Does anyone else feel that they are dramatically less intelligent? I don't. I still perform well on IQ tests. There may be problems with getting tired and having headaches when you do the tests, but that doesn't mean that your score would be lower.

The posts on this thread seem to come from smart people, not less intelligent that the average anyway.

I think that worrying about intelligence may be less of a real concern to people who have had a concussion than might be imagined by those who haven't got the symptoms.

Also, I completely agree with those who think that it is not how intelligent that you are that counts, but rather what you do with your intelligence.

Some of us with PCS are having difficultly in functioning and putting our intelligence into effect, but that doesn't mean that our intelligence is any the less.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SkiConcussion (04-29-2011)