Old 03-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Chelma and Stephanie

Dear Chelma and S,

Please point out to me where I insulted S
Chelma, I think it was wrong of you to edit my post, because it makes it harder for me to defend it.

My advise was simply that: Advice. A different way to look .......S interpreted my responce as a personal attack. It was not a personal attack.

If we love Jesus, we should want to emulate him and to obey his commandment to love (respect and help) our neighbors. Jesus also defended the miracle of life. When his disciples attempted to turn the children away from Jesus, he responded that "suffer the children to come unto me." He also said, "Unless one comes as a child, he will not find his way to heaven." I was suggesting that imitating Christ is not easy, but in no way did I suggest to follow him out of fear. Christ offers forgiveness to anyone who believes he died for their sins. But he also asked that we love him enough to emulate him, to show that we truly trust him to make the world a better place.

When Christ asks us as Christians to "pick up our crosses and follow him," he is not implying that if we don't die for him or are not perfect and follow the ten commandments, he will judge us as evil. God gave us the ten commandments not because he knew we could obey them at all times. Quite the opposite. God stated his ten commandments to demonstrate that no matter how hard man tried he could not keep them. He wanted us to know we need his grace as given by the Holy Spirit (not evangelists.) He then came to earth part man and part divine, to offer grace to those who have faith in his ressurection, that he willingly died for our sins, that he raised from the dead defeating Satin, and ascended to heaven.

He does firmly ask that we do not murder our fellow man. Call human blastocysts what you want, but they are the only cells that can develop into a human. God commanded Adam and Eve to go and increase the population. God created sex to be a gift only to married couples so that children would be conceived to parents who would have the responsibility of providing what the child needs to grow and to educate him in the ways of the Lord. Parents learned how to love someone more than themselves. This is as close an analagy as God's love for us as it gets. Bear in mind that a parent is not their child's buddy, but takes responsibility to correct the childs behaivior until the child's brain is matured enough to understand the correct way to live his life.

Somewhere child bearing became a right rather than a responsibility. Infertility clinics grew into vogue as more couples realized they had not been offered the gift by God. They called God unfair and insisted science discover and rectify what they perceived as an oversite on God's part.

Remember how the serpant convinced Eve to eat of the tree of knowledge? He suggested to her that why should God be the only one to know the difference between Good and Evil. That knowledge is both a curse and a gift to mankind. A curse because mankind is unable to always make the correct decision without being firmly rooted in the present world and looking out for number one. No matter how hard we try, we cannot be the perfect beings we could have been had Adam and Eve not sinned.

The serpant is hard at work trying to convince us that we can be equals to God the trinity. He is there to bolster us up in our wrong thinking and laughing at us for getting tripped up. If you are at all interested in reading a book that shows the devil at work in our lives in a humorous way, I would strongly suggest you consider reading C.S. Lewis's book, " The Screwtape Letters."

Radio, I am not evil for suggesting that we accept what today's science offers us and make the best of what we have. I am also not a "girlie, or kook" because I have different beliefs than yours. You may state that you were stating your opinion, however, you did it in an insulting and combative way using sarcasm to belittle my arguments.

I do not believe this forum is as open to different opinions as it pretends to be. It is too political and will only get worse as the presidential election approaches. As I said before, I will no longer post on this forum. I have never changed my beliefs, and there is no doubt, as shown by the responces I have received on the thread, that my input is unwelcome.

Vicky

Last edited by Chemar; 03-05-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: another mod edit required...use of someone's full name without their permission and references to their children unacceptable
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote