View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well I don't know how much sense I will make tonight since I go into this little hibernation when I get home from the grand kids. I hadn't seen the baby in about a month and the can sure grow in the time. She is about 14 weeks old now. She has a very pleasant personality, likes to smile and make her early little talking sounds. Really they are just sounds but she is forming language and knowing that those sounds communicate with her family. But it is with her Grandpa that she really gets going. He can just start talking to her and she starts up and she is laughing, talking, smiling and just generally enjoying his undivided attention. I was still glad that when she was fussy at church today and mommy and her mommies milk wasn't available yet, that I go walk around with her and be gently swaying and patting her back and bottom and it isn't long before she is out. So Grandma still has the touch!!!!!!! For the first time, big sister realized that little one was taking away her time from her grandparents . It really didn't matter that Grndma wasn't paying any attention but it sure did that I had the baby.

So we will enjoy next week when it's just the two of us. Her Mommy's B'day is in April so we will have to make some simple present. A couple of years ago when I did this, I went all out for this week and neither one of us enjoyed it. She was to young to appreciate what I was doing and it made me to tired. So I think we are just going to make a special picture frame and put the two girls picture in it. I can tell that the year in Kindergarten has given her some habits that she didn't have before. She is exerting herself a little more. But that's all part of growing up and learning your boundaries and we'll deal with it.

The older sister was petite when she was 3 months old and Ellie isn't. She has got several rolls on her chin and legs and belly but she is very healthy. Plus it was my birthday and they all enjoyed making me a cake. They have no extra money at all so their love was all I wanted. I am enrolled in Texas Roadhouse email program and they sent me a coupon for a free appetizer so we went there today and since the email said happy birthday on it, they brought out a huge bowl of ice cream with chocolate and caramel syrup and several spoon. So that made it special.

As for my reality shows. I missed them all but I read on the websites. It wasn't the same as watching the programs but at least I know who was eliminated. I was kind of rooting for the farming Kentucky couple because they are just plain down home people and I'm from Indiana. But they were eliminated. The website has a feature that you can watch them in the elimination villa that they have to stay in until the race is over. I think they live in luxury there.

Well. my sleeping pills are taking effect and I do not hold myself for responsibility for what I say. So goodnight. Tomorrow night is Prison break. it's not a reality show but I still love it!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote