View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
Thank you so much for your post, MelodyL. That is really encouraging. Is it possible that you could find out what the length of time was between diagnosis and and going on meds? Sorry to be a pest! It's just that I haven't met anybody else yet who was in that position. Ladybird
You're not a pest, don't even think of it. She was not on meds for about 4 years and then she started taking them. I haven't seen her for a while. But I do remember saying to a mutual friend, "wow, she doesn't take anything for her Parkinsons, that's amazing!!"

Some things stick in your mind and that's one of the things I remember saying to another person.

But I will see if I still have her phone number and I'll ring her up and see how she is doing. It's been a while. I don't even know if I still have her phone number.

She's in her 70's now but I remember distinctly that she functioned very well. It was not noticeable at all, and even after years, I think she only had it in her pinky.

But if I AM able to get any info I'll be sure to update here.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but I can tell you one thing. She was doing very well, either off meds or on meds. She took care of her husband and she had 3 beautiful baby grandsons and she would carry them around and she was an excellent grandmother.

I realize that no two cases are the same. She always said "I have a mild case"

Here's hoping you have also.

Take care,

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote