View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
Dear Chelma and S,

Radio, I am not evil for suggesting that we accept what today's science offers us and make the best of what we have. I am also not a "girlie, or kook" because I have different beliefs than yours. You may state that you were stating your opinion, however, you did it in an insulting and combative way using sarcasm to belittle my arguments.

I do not believe this forum is as open to different opinions as it pretends to be. It is too political and will only get worse as the presidential election approaches. As I said before, I will no longer post on this forum. I have never changed my beliefs, and there is no doubt, as shown by the responces I have received on the thread, that my input is unwelcome.

Vicky
Sigh....

No one called you "evil."

No one "insulted" you. I just "disagreed" with you.

And I called you "Girlie" after you called me "atheist." Now, which of us got the worst of THAT exchange?

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. But you continue to ignore the fact that these cells "that will grow into babies" will NOT "grow into babies" because they are destroyed ANYWAY. Talk to us about THAT fact, and tell us why those cells shouldn't be used to improve the lot of mankind. Frankly, to use your analogy, I'd be perfectly comfortable standing in front of that freezer making that choice, since I know the ones I didn't choose are goin' right to the medical waste incinerator. Those are the choices, Vicky! This is the real world! The fertilized embryonic remainders from in vitro fertilization currently have ONE destiny!

Medical Waste!

Most Americans in poll after poll after poll would like these cells to be put to good use.

I'd be interested in hearing from you what SHOULD be done with these cells, Vicky. What would you do with the left over cells from in vitro fertilization?

And see. I knew you weren't done posting.

Last edited by Chemar; 03-05-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: needed to remove a name
Radioguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote