View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathy d -sorry for your hair loss and wrinkles...I doubt it's because of ketamine, though. I've had 39 infusions in the past 12months and I still have all my hair and no more wrinkles than when I started. as a matter of fact, people tell me that lately I look better than I have in years.

Ketamine is an anesthetic, not poison. And it's been great for me and lots of other RSDers. I am so sincerely sorry that you had such a bad experience at Drexel....

Many of the meds we take have numerous side effects. And taking opiods for a long period of time is really tough on our bodies, even though it is a necessity when our pain gets out of control.

Meekomindi -has your brother had a rheumatological work-up yet to rule out anything else that might be going on?

Good luck.

Xoxo. Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi All,
Yes, I have had hair loss too. It started out a few years ago and like mentioned already it fell out in the shower at an alarming rate. I did go to the dermatologist and he biopsied my scale and found hair loss from stress. I used Rogaine for hair loss on my scalp and it did help but takes a few months until you see new growth (the men's kind is best cause it is not liquid) Then, I noticed hair loss on my shins and now it is up and down my legs (It is patchy all over). I had ketamine this past Sept 2011 and over the last few months have slowly noticed a premature wrinkling on all my skin. It is strange and never had this for years. I believe because the ketamine is toxic to our bodies it changed the insides of my body so much so that it has affected my skin. Yuck. Sorry to say I believe the hair loss is permanent as so in my case but if you use Rogaine (Walgreens makes a cheaper generic one too) I believe it will help you. I am not all that concerned about the hair loss on my legs but the front of my scalp you can see spaces throughout my head. Good luck.
kathy d

Last edited by SandyRI; 04-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote