View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 10:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the responses.

Diamond heart...yes, I did IgG testing to track things down and by trial and error I do react to all sorts of things. Add in oldest's dairy and limited eggs (she appears okay with egg in baked goods) and youngests nut/lentil/pea allergy...and family dinners seem impossible!

I became vegetarian over 20 years ago b/c I noticed I got sick when eating meat. Beef is definately out...and so many meats are treated with corn derivatives that I'm not really up to the challenge of experimenting too much...if that makes sense. It took me two months to find a confirmed corn free salmon, and it comes in a can *sigh*. And...didn't even set well. So...well...I'm starting to vent. Anyways, you get the idea?

I did want to clarify that I'm not eating cup noodles. Its contained gluten for dh, who is only a semi willing participant on this diet. (Pour in hot water over the sink, and it won't jump out and bite me)

I'm trying to see if I can verify some safe coconut milk...I think it would add a lot of options and variety, good thought! I'm living off carrot soup right now (the kids balk, but enjoy canned soup) and we all use roasted sweet potatoes, yum! Pumpkins out for me. Its crazy!!!! Which is why I want to put everyone on the same diet...

Kim,
On that list...I can definately have carrots, spinach and small amounts of peppers. I need to trial tomato (I tested low on it...but above the "non reaction" line) I'm not sure what swiss chard is, or what to do with it? Supposedly I have to cook everything still (It gets old, very, very old; but lowering my fiber is a lot more comfortable, so maybe its worth the effort) I can have beets, too. Just have trouble putting that all in new exciting presentation! LOL.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote