View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi...my name is Diane and I'm new here...just signed up. I was led here due to wondering if Lyrica did have withdrawl symptoms and if that is why I've been feeling so nasty these past couple days. I've been taking Lyrica for Fibromyalgia and Diabetic Neuropathy for several years (6-7?) and all of a sudden, just over two weeks ago, my insurance co. told my HMO to have me try Neurontin instead. What a scramble! No notice...and I was down to my last week of meds. Took a little longer than that to convince the insurance company that the switch was not at all to my benefit, as although Neurontin might address my diabetic neuropathy, it is not approved for use in the treatment of Fibromyalgia. I was off the Lyrica for only two days, and really started feeling awful. By the third day, nausea, IBS, all the muscle and nerve pain back ten fold...burning in my lower legs, insomnia, headaches, bloating, and depression so dark and deep that I was crying steadily. I was almost ready to sign myself in to the psychiatric center, and I had never given it a thought to possible withdrawl, until after the pharmacy called early this morning and told my husband that the insurance company just approved and they had the prescription ready. I even had to borrow the money from my neighbor to get it, but just a couple hours after taking it and lying down, I am starting to feel a lot better and brain clarity is improving as the headache is subsiding and my mood has stabilized. Maybe I'll even get some sleep now. I tossed and turned all night, with going back and forth between freezing and sweating. I couldn't stand any of my dogs near me, not even my Service Dog. Poor thing got knocked off the bed twice as near as I can remember. Unfortunately, Lyrica is the only drug approved by the FDA for use in the treatment of Fibromyalgia. I will sure be glad when something just as effective but less addictive is found and approved.
diane918 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
akdew13 (03-23-2014), LEOSS (02-11-2019), scorpi (10-29-2012)