Thread: Pain pumps.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My internal morphine pump gave back life

I'm now on my 2nd morphine pump & I can't begin to express just how much this has changed my pain management - and in all the right ways. For someone considering this option please accept & consider the following:
1: Pumps are not the silver bullet that solves all your pain problems and that you'll wake up the next day pain free. Morphine pumps are more like a very radical last resort when all else fails. All prospective patients must accept that pumps have some serious and rather annoying problems that goes with them. For those in super severe pain, these new problems are worth the hassles.
2: All patients must jump through a lot of hoops for their new 20 to 30 grand gadget that's a real annoyance in the side. They're expensive up front. Not cheap to refill & require a great relationship with your Very trusted doctor.

Even with my pump I'm still on 160mg of OxyContin plus OxyIR I take for breakthrough pain as PRN. Where you'll land is anyone's guess, but accept up front that the pump may be only part of the solution for managing your pain better. After 8 years with these hockey pucks in my gut plus the knot on my back I understand the drawbacks yet I'm thankful each and every day for this technology that helps manage my pain levels bested than ever. You might experience the same too. Insure hope so. Now go get the test & see if this is an option that can help you regain so much more of your life that pain sucks away. Best of luck, Bob
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote