View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Do I have a gluten allergy?

Hello,

I am a 23 year old woman. For a couple of years now I have been having digestive issues (namely constipation), constantly gaining weight, anxiety and moodiness, chronic water retention, stiff joints, and, recently I have noticed my skin has felt weird, like tight and tingly. I thought I had hormonal problems but I have had that checked out and that wasn't the case. A few days ago, I tried to start a low-carb diet, but I kind of crashed last night and had a few y slices of pizza. My hands and feet swelled up pretty severely, and my face and lips some too. I still feel it today. I started looking around on the internet and I came across some info about gluten allergies. I kind of feel like this might be my problem. Is it true that gluten allergies can cause insulin resistance, which can lead to weigh gain? I am getting very frustrated, as I feel miserable a lot and though I exercise a lot and eat reasonably I am still around 35 lbs overweight. I am tired of feeling puffy and tired all the time. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
thesarabear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote