View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimwithmanta View Post
I have also disk bulging in my lower back, and I thought that my leg pain was sciatica ( due to the disk), I had some numbness and pain on both leg. Kind of scary. After many doctors and physical therapist, I finally realized that I have chronic hamstrings injury, and piriformis syndrome. One thing that helped ( big time) is ART active release therapy with trigger point therapy. Having a therapist massaging the soft tissue in you leg, to free muscle adhesion and toxins from non usage, chronic inflammation ect. I am still having trouble with my hamstring, but the numbness/ tingling is gone, I have just pain now in the hamstring tendons. ( used to have pain all the way down to my foot) I am not considering surgery. Back pain is so complex, everyone is focusing on the joints and the MRI but, not much study is done on the soft tissue influence.
It is kind of tough to know what is going on. I would suggest getting a session of ART and see if it makes any difference in your symptoms. it made my pain a little worse at first, then did make a big release feeling in my legs
hope this help virginie

What sort of therapist does that? I am in Australia and I have never heard of ART. Thank you!! Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote