View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Teresa,
Wow, that was a very nice rant young lady!
Trust me there are many of us with MG that know exactly how you feel and I think we have times we need to get that puff of steam out!
I am 54 and was DG about 3 mos ago - was a relief to at least know what was going on and like you stated much better than some things it could have been.
I just came off about 3 days of feeling pretty good and over did it this weekend and am having a spell tonight of weakness and trouble functioning but Oh boy it was worth it! The times you get a reprieve and feel "normal' are sure special and I hope you get a turn soon!
One thing I have done all my life is carry a notebook with a running list of things I want to get done - it helps me focus and feels good when I can check off things as a gauge of accomplishment I guess. Might be worth a try as it gives one a sense of value to contribute - and yes you will not be able to do "all" that you used too but that does not mean you don't provide a wonderful and needed value to your family. I am sure they are hurting too knowing you are and if just the wisdom a mother can preach to her children is all you can do some days its still a victory that many children never get so don't feel like your not important at all times!
I have a very small garden and today I was tending it and yes I had to stop and sit in a swing periodically just to get done what I would have done in a few minutes a couple years ago - but I accepted it and in the end I got most of it taken care of.
Remember, happiness is what you make it and its much easier to achieve when you realize what you need in life vs what you want. You want to do so many physical things that are a challenge - yet you have a family to share your love with that you need!
May the sun shine warmly on you tomorrow Teresa! Best of luck!
Randy
Smokey56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote