View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

SSDI can take quite some time. It took me three years to get approved. It also has an almost automatic denial system for the first application. It is worth getting the automatic denial over with. Your earniong since the accident will be reviewed to see if or when you dropped below the maximum income threshold. If your income has been below the $1000 per month average, after expenses, since your injury, it is worth getting the process started. IMO.

It might be worth a call to a SSDI attorney to ask about the timing of starting your application.

I just found this online at a few different legal web sites. <The second program is Social Security Disability (SSD). If you are receiving Social Security Disability no matter what your age you are most likely also receiving Medicare benefits. Social Security Disability is not a means tested program. Your eligibility for this program is not affected by any change in your assets or your income. What this means is that any money you receive from a settlement in a lawsuit or by an inheritance will not affect your benefits.>

So, you have some choices to consider.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote