View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Double edge knife

Sympathetic blocks can be our best friend and our worst nightmare. What kind of results you get between each session can vary as much as the weather out our front door - we never really know till after it's arrived.

I see these blocks as being a treatment that can give our body some time to heal itself to whatever degree it can depending on the nature of the actual damage. As far as how long the pain relief can last between these rather painful set of shots, I personally found the lasting effects diminshed faster after each round yet I know people who have done them for nearly a year and yet still get surprisingly great pain relief even after that many treatments.

Most of your current symptoms sounds like RSD plain and simple. My best advice is to make sure you keep a daily log on how you notice differences in how you're feeling and what you can do each and every day. Then when you're talking to your doctor next time he'll have a much better idea of what's working and what isn't. Doctors love documentation so make sure you create your own as well. I don't know about you, but my days do have the tendency of bluring together thus the reason you'll always do better when communicating with your doctor if you have a log in hand. Best of luck and keep me posted. Bob.
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote