View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Today's update:

"Claire is back in the hospital. We were released last night around 6:30pm even though my gut was telling me we should stay. She got a blood transfusion before we left and was still lethargic afterwards. She couldn't stay awake and her belly was distended. She also started having diarrhea. Her face and ankles were swollen.

I knew she had a clinic appointment today, so I put her in the bed with us last night to keep an eye on her. After having labs drawn, it turns out that Claire's counts were a little off in different areas. Her white blood counts were high, high bilirubin, low phosphorous and low potassium. It's not surprising after the antibody therapy which revved up her system. They also think the stomach problems could be c-diff from the antibiotics. This can be cleared up with medication. The other issues can be taken care of with customized IV fluids. So hopefully we can get her feeling better and back home soon.

So we are here for observation and IV fluids. Please pray that we can get a clear answer on the c-diff. This is just part of the treatment journey. It's a roller-coaster for sure."
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (05-03-2011), hollym (05-03-2011)