View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrsD

Magnesium is a miracle drug for me !!!! I am so glad you suggested i try it.....started taking it last friday 4/29 and there was an immediate noticable change in my symptoms. the first thing i noticed was that i had gotten back some of the feeling in my feet and the second thing that is such a blessing is that I AM NO LONGER DEPRESSED!

previous to this treatment my feet were 80% numb and my depression severe. i hadn't found anything that i could take to make coping with the pain bearable. beyond the neuropathy i also have Erythromelalgia and i can report that my feet still turn red but they are not painful.

this is just nothing short of a miracle as far as i'm concerned. the hot burning pain had been unbearable and it was to the point of leaving burn marks on my skin after the flare ups had subsided.

today i was out shopping(some i have not been able to do for a long time), my feet got red but they didn't hurt, i came home and soaked in Epson salt and the redness subsided within minutes.

I cannot tell you how much your advice about Magnesium means to me. I hope everyone out there who suffers with neuropathy and/or erythromelalgia will consider trying Magnesium. it's relatively cheap and easy to take and the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work for you. i am so glad i did not dismiss mrsD's suggestion.

personally i think my system was so depleted that the minute it hit my system it started working, i felt different almost immediately. two days is all it took...........as i said, it's a miracle and i will be forever grateful mrsD.

i will see the pain doctor for a followup mid-june, i wonder how he will react to my doctoring myself. he ordered a lot of blood tests and a complete MRI so it will be interesting to see if anything turns up for him. i think he will be shocked at my improvement.

i am taking a powder magnesium which is the citrate form. instructions on container say 800mg/daily, i started with 1/2 dose for four days then today i took the 800mg. i will continue with this dose and not increase unless my doctor thinks that i should.

thank you all for contributing to this forum, i cannot tell you how much i have learned.
norahs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote