View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Need Support please!

Hello everyone. I am here trying to get some help regarding my bowel symptoms and whether they are celiac disease or even if they are something else any help would be good.

I am a 22 year old male ive had odd bowel problems for as long as i can remember but they have gotten worse in the last few months. Basically the symptoms i experience include:

* Burping a lot
* Abdominal distension/fullness/pressure/swelling at times
* lower centre abdominal aching
* stomach pain sometimes/burning upper right quadrant
* Dry mouth/throat
* Tongue feeling like sandpaper/rough
* Constipation somedays for 4 days or more bowels not moving
* Gas occassionally foul smelling like rotten eggs
* weakness general
* muscle weakness
* paresthesia over arms/legs/spine and electric shock sensations (diagnosed with a motor-sensory peripheral neuropathy)
* Often feeling cold or even freezing cold
* numbness & tingling in hands and feet
* feel better if i don't eat
* lots of eye floaters and vision problems
* mental problems and concentration difficulties
* muscle spasms and twitching generalized

I guess most of the symptoms get worse if i eat any carbohydrate foods and seem less intense when i stick to a protein based and vegetable/fruit based diet.

From reading on the internet a lot of the symptoms sound like malabsorbtion syndrome and less likely to be celiac disease i don't know all i know is i don't feel well and cannot do the things i want to do but i feel a lack of strength most of the time.

Any help would be great,

I am Marko by the way im originally of Serbian descent

The only thing significant that has come up on my regular blood test is a lowered white cell count and neutrophil count which are likely due to the digestive problems lowering my immune system. I feel like wherever i go everything is effecting me from the outside in.

I have recently done an abdominal ultrasound which showed i had ascites an abnormal accumulation of fluid within the abdomen.
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote