View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help!

I don't know if it's too early in the morning, and I admit that I have not been able to keep up with all that has been posted on thhis new therapy. I have a question or two:

The article/interview says:
IPX066 contains both sustained- and immediate-release carbidopa-levodopa, so it can rapidly attain therapeutic levodopa concentrations and maintain them over time in early studies up to 6 hours.

These results (I think) were obtained from early diagnosed patients - right? They had been treated only a short t ime.

Then there was testing with Advanced patients. It reported:
The ADVANCE-PD study enrolled 471 subjects on a stable regimen of immediate-release carbidopa-levodopa, according to the company release in March. All were first entered into a dose-adjustment phase of immediate-release formulation followed by conversion to IPX066. They were then randomized to either the immediate-release formulation or IPX066 for the blinded portion of the study.

All those converted to IPX066 had a reduction from baseline of more than 2 hours in off time during waking hours, and the reduction was maintained in the group subsequently randomized to the sustained-release formulation for the blinded portion. In contrast, among those switched to IPX066 and then back to the immediate-release formulation for the double-blind phase, off time worsened again by 1 hour .

During the double-blind phase, "on" time without dyskinesia was improved by 1.9 hours with IPX066 vs 0.8 hours with the immediate-release formulation. Improvements with the extended-release formulation were also seen on the UPDRS, Clinical Global Impression of Change, and the Patient Global Impression of Change

Questions:
Would this one pill be taken in lieu of present medication regime?
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote