View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella7 View Post
Ayna, I feel better now that I know some financial help is available if my 2 insurances don't cover total cost. My last neuro wanted me on IVIG but the insurance would not cover the cost since it is not actually FDA approved for MS. I believe the cost was going to be $10,000 a day to treat. Only a rich person could pay for that.

I found an article on the NMSS site and it is approved by FDA for MS so I am relieved for that information. I've had MS for well over 30 years but it was not diagnosed until I was already in the progressive/relapsing stage. The new neuro calls it SPMS but I don't really care what it is called, just make me better!

Are you heat sensitive? I live in the deep south so the summers are murder and I basically stay in a room with AC set at 68.

Blessings,
Gabriella

I am very glad to hear that that takes a weight off your chest.
It's crazy that they price our medicine the way they do, I honestly feel my neurologist wouldn't even be able to afford the costs of this disease. It's whack.

Heat sensitive-absolutely. It sucks very bad too. I live in IL and our summers are so hot and HUMID, it kills me. So in the summer time I can't go outside, as soon as I do the symptoms start and only continue to grow. and it usually ends up having to have a 5 day IVSM treatment followed with 3 week prednisone taper. I hate it because I am trapped inside for a whole season and don't get to partake in the fun summer activities. Another thing for MS to rob me of.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote