View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4 View Post
I am curious--if anyone reading this has had surgery for Chiari I would like to hear how you've done. It would be interesting seeing some response on this because there is so little information available! Good or bad, please share your story!
i just recently had the Chiari Decompression surgery on March 7, 2011 and the week after I got of the hospital was the worst week of my life. I was placed back in the hospital on three different occations. The first time was that I was vomitting blood over and over again on my first day home. The second time I was back at the hospital was when I started to lose my vision and balance. The third time i was at the hospital was my fifth day back home i feinted and my blood pressure went down to 98/30. I amd still on the road to recovery cause my surgery is only a month old but, since the surgery, I still am unable to turn my neck. Almost every night its hard for me to get into a position comfortable. But the surgery was also benificial. For the most part, I have not had anymore headaches but lately they have been coming back. Im am only 15 so i hope it helps me eventually.
caligirl408 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote