View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoe22 View Post
Well, I'm back... After sitting on the sideline for 5 weeks after reciving a concussion on March 5th I got released to play again about two weeks ago. On Sat. I was playing in my second game back. (pro womens football) I was told I was going in for a sack and the Line backers was going in also and she hit me full force on the side of my helmet. Just a freak thing that happened with 6 seconds left in the game. I do not remember it. They say I was out for about 30 seconds. So I have been dealing with headaches,dizzness, feeling sick to my stomach, and my neck is killing me. I can't do anything but lay around.

So the Dr. advised me to hang it up this year since it's my secoond councusion this season. Last time my symptoms lingered for 4 weeks. Things got worse and worse. So I am wondering am I in for a long one again since it's the second one. I sure hope not. Has anybody had back to back councussions.

I was 100 percent symptom free when I went back and they were very slow with allowing me back.
I know one thing for sure... When you think you are fine and all healed up from a concussion, youre really not. I have experienced relapses and have had the concussion symtoms come back long after I felt fine due to overstimulation or infections like the flu.

I also know one more thing. Getting a new concussion close to the previous is BAD! Your brain is in a fragile stage long after a concussion.

Most people I have heared of having the same problems i now have (PCS 3 years) have all had multiple concussions and with the timeframe between each one beeing small.

I had to quit snowboarding which was my life and all other dangerous activities. That sucks but I know that if I get more hits to my head Im not sure I could handle it.

My suggestion to you is to seriously consider giving up your sport and try to get yourself stressfree for the PCS period you are about to experience since your last one lasted 4 weeks. Likely is this the case unfortunately.

Good luck and try to see all the possibilities you still have with a deasent functioning brain!!
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-03-2011)