View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
As rydellen said,

You thought you were 100% symptom free but you were dead wrong. You may have felt much better and not had any dizziness or head aches but symptom free is far more than that.

Symptom free would be:

Being able to stay up very late and still function the next day without any PCS symptoms.

Working out to max pulse rate and blood pressure without any symptom immediately or the next day.

Enduring a fever and no PCS symptoms.

I could go on but hope you get the point.

As posted previously, you should sit out the rest of the season while you consider how important your future is compared to the temporary thrill of playing some football games.

Your impact was not a freak thing. It was a calculated risk of playing the game. All injuries in contact sports are part of the calculated risk. You tossed the dice and lost. The next time, you will lose much more.

But then, it's your life. Those of us posting warnings are already living our own lives with PCS.

There is an axiom that goes like this.

A fool does not learn from their own mistakes.
A smart person learns from their own mistakes.
A wise person learns from OTHERS mistakes.

I was saying it was a freak thing that my own teammate hit me in the last play of the game. Not that I got hit. I understood the risk but I was cleared and felt great, no symptoms at all when working out or doing anything else. And yes I have decided to take the doctor's advice and sit out the rest of the year. I love playing but he said I can't take another hit like that. I get it, just hope this does not linger.
Xoe22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote