View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi khines and welcome to the group. I'm sorry to hear you have RSD. It is an ugly monster that robs our lives of so much. I was a RN before I had to go on full disability in March 2008. I miss my career so much. I worked in oncology and loved it. My RSD started in my right arm and shoulder. It started from a herniated disc at C4/C5. The disc entrapped the C5 nerve root causing permanent damage and even though I had an ACDF (Anterior cervical discectomy with fusion)in November 2006 the damage was already done. The nerve damage led to the RSD. It has since spread to my left arm and shoulder, ribs on both sides, chest wall, and upper back. It also affects some internal organs, most notably my heart and stomach. In the last two weeks or so I have started having symptoms in my lower back and I am afraid it is now spreading there.
I'm sorry to hear you will soon be facing surgery. Surgery is scary for anyone but even moreso for those of us with RSD because of the fear of the RSD spreading. I'm glad to hear you have a pain mgt doc and nuerosurgeon caring for you. I have been lucky to have an excellent group of doctors--pain mgt, nuerologist, cardiologist, neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon, gastroenterologist, and primary care. I would be happy to talk to you if you would like. If you want to personal message your phone number to me or if you prefer just let me know and I will PM my number to you. I live in Texas so I am in CST.
Cricket
Cricket183 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote