View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Just visited a neuro pain doctor yesterday in Rome. He has examined and treated patients with CRPS (nerve block's etc)..

After he examined me he claimed that although I did show quite a few symptoms of CRPS, there were also symptoms that I did'd have (high sensitivity to the touch or any thropic chages) so he concluded that its more like a trapped nerve and dosent think its CRPS...

On the other had, I have done every single test which does not show any signs of a trapped nerve in the knee...

Is it normal for some patients of CRPS not to develop all the symptoms in the first 5 months?

Still looking for answeres as the pain is increasing daily
What struck me as perhaps a trapped nerve issue is the relief you had when bending your leg where you'd find relief. I've never heard of anyone with RSD finding that amount of relief from bending their damaged limb. I've had painful back issues in the past where I'd find relief by pulling my knees up or laying in a fetal position which would relieve pressure on one of my disks. Maybe this is where the issue lies. The bending of the knee was or is relieving the nerve of pressure. When the leg is straight the nerve is then impacted----trapped then untrapped, squeezed then un-squeezed? Can an EMG test detect something like this? I don't know.

As far as showing all the symptoms of RSD in the first five months goes is most folks with RSD do not show all the signs of RSD at all if ever. That's what makes the condition so difficult for the patient and doctor. My wife doesn't show every symptom of the disease, That is why it took nearly 4 years for her to receive a full diagnoses. RSD symptoms can arise one week and go away the next, dodging the doctor's watchful eye causing guilt for the patient.

nigel, I would find every route there is to rule out RSD and get to the bottom of your medical issue. If it is RSD look at kedamine treatments ASAP.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote