Thread: Tourette & ADHD
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello! My name is Christine (aka Tigger) and I have been dealing with TS since I was 7 years old. I'm now a successful 40 year old who loves life! I started out on all of the meds at a young age. Had we known the side effects that some would cause in later years my parents probably would have NEVER put me on them. But at the time they were the "latest and greatest". By the time I was 15 I realized the meds were doing nothing for me so I asked my doctor the best way to get me off of them since I knew I could not stop cold turkey. We did and I felt so much better. Yes, I continued to tic, but compared to the side effects of the meds that was the least of my worries.

Then in college something happened. I started working for a chiropractor doing front office work. The doctor asked me one day if I was interested in chiropractic care. I decided to give it a try and could not beleive the difference. I went from hundreds of tics a day to just 2-3 per day. I have continued chiropractic care for over 20 years now and still only have a few tics a day. Just thought I would let you know my experience.

Take care and keep us posted.
Christine
cmbarton (tigger) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote