View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks guys!

You all made me feel a little more settled about the situation!

I was dx 2-8-09 and that first year was hard, I myself had 7-9 flares in year one. That year was super tough, every time I would bounce back, I'd fall into another one and saw alot of Prednisone and IVSM that year as well.

I have been on Rebif since 5/09. My flares still keep coming but it seems they don't last AS long. So with that being said, I guess the DMD is working, I think I just expected to not have anymore flares.

It's crazy because I remember on 2/9/09 being in the hospital and the neurologist telling me that I am lucky to be diagnosed in this time period, and that this wasn't going to affect me and I would still live a normal life.

I will say he was right about the timing, being we have some options for medication to treat symptoms, but normal and not being affected by this disease was WAY WRONG. How could I have possibly been so naive to believe that man?

Maybe he truly feels that MS doesn't affect the lives of those suffering from it

I have researched LDN and it seems very intriguing, but my neurologist does not back that drug.

He was considering taking me off of Rebif and put me on Copaxone last September, but since I came out of the flare so easily he said he was certain it was working. I guess I need to suck it up and deal.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-04-2011), Kitty (05-04-2011), Lady (05-04-2011), SallyC (05-04-2011)